What is PINES?
PINES (Public Information Network for Electronic Services) is Georgia’s “borderless library” system that allows PINES card holders free access to books and other materials in 284 library branches and affiliated service locations throughout the state.
Who can use PINES?
Every resident of Georgia is eligible to receive a free PINES library card, even if your local library system is not a member of the PINES network. Visit any participating PINES library to get started.
What does PINES have to offer you, as a library user?
- Access to more than 10 million books and other materials that can be checked out from and returned to any participating library free of charge. Search the online catalog.
- Free delivery of books from other libraries throughout the state to your home library.
- Service through 284 branch libraries and affiliated service outlets in 143 counties (53 of the 63 regional library systems) in Georgia. See list of participating libraries or find your nearest library.
- Ability to renew your books and place holds online.
- An easy-to-use Kids’ Catalog that exclusively for youth materials.